Monday, January 22, 2007

Another one done...

I finally finished this baby blanket. I only had the border to do but I can only take so much garter stitch. But I was told that I better finish this one because a very good friend of mine told me that I have to get started on hers! It took a while but she's pregnant!!!!! I already bought a book, Simply Baby by Debbie Bliss. I don't know if you've looked through it but the sweaters are very cute and don't look that difficult. I just don't know what to start first...
Pattern: Moderne Log Cabin
Yarn: Knitpicks shine sport
Needles: #6 Addi Turbo

2 comments:

Valerie Polichar said...

I love the colors here. I don't seem to have the patience for a log cabin, alas...

You asked about LYS in San Diego. A belated welcome to our fair city! In my opinion the LYS are not so hot, but a new one that is small, but has well-chosen yarns, is The Grove at Juniper and 30th (in Golden Hill). Also, I haven't been there in years, but Common Threads in Encinitas was great when I was there. Knitting in La Jolla has good yarn but the owner can be a bit snippy. Needleworks in Mission Valley has nice people but a *dreadful* yarn selection.

There's a big list of LYSs at http://www.walkaboutknitter.com/San_Diego/shops.html
That said, I order most of my yarn online! Ah well..

I'm so excited to 'meet' another knitter in San Diego. I work at UC San Diego. Are you in private practice?
You can email me if you want at valerie[at]grasslimb[dot]com

Cheryl and Greg Morton said...

Nice! *High Five*